Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy 2009 . . . no sugar, no soda, too much running. . . it's bound to be an exciting year!!

Like most, I got lost in the festivities of December and have neglected my blogging duties :) All in all, 2008 ended great!! We were lucky to spend lots and lots of time with our friends and family this holiday season and look forward to a new year and many more adventures! Here are a few of Decembers highlights













Some friends and I took our crew of kiddos to the last Festival of Lights at the Wild Animal Park! As always, the lights were fun but my kids especially loved the face painting, snowy hill and hot cocoa!


Like always, Christmas at the Kelly house treated us well! I am truely blessed and have a family who definitely has the givng aspect of the season mastered!! We planned Christmas to be small since we my whole family leaves on a 7 day cruise in a couple weeks . . . . surprise surprise the Kellys dont do anything small . . . I am lucky to be in such a wonderful family with parents who take good care of their kiddos!! Besides the cruise, my favorite present is a toss up between my new dishwasher (what could possible be in the running with a dishwasher you ask??) Yep. . . my new Uggs! Cant wait til I have the sizing issue worked out and I get to have warm feet :)


























Molly and Shawna did the flowers for a good friends wedding, and the day after Christmas turned mom and dad's house into a mini flower shop. We all tried to be helpful but basically watched as talented Molly created! Like always, her flowers turned out amazing and mom and dad are finding out the real reason they put in a ginormous fridge . . .















We rang in the New Year with Auntie Molly and Shawna, Cousin James, and Aub's friend Jamie at Legoland! We got there late in the afternoon, rode a couple of rides, ate apple fries (one must do if you ever visit Legoland), and then gathered for the 2009 Lego brick falling (Yeah, we never found this) and fireworks display at midnight (6pm kid time)! Legoland was beyond crowded and loud (a trillion kids blowing those noisy horns!! YIKES!) but we had lots of fun taking pictures and being silly!















We then went to Islands for dinner and then back to mom and dads for our traditional appearance in the spa, and played wii til midnight!!
I hope everyones new year has started off exceptional and you havent quit on those new year resolutions quite yet :)

1 comment:

Lissa said...

A dishwasher is SO exciting, Inever knew how much I would miss one until we didn't have one! I can't believe you didn't tell me!!! LOVED your new post looks like you had fun!!! Miss you and the kiddos