Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Happy Inauguration Day

So to be honest, I didn’t vote for the chap, but on this day, all that is put behind us, and we join as a nation to back the President of the United States 100%! My kids are super excited with the new president and like millions of kids across the country, got to watch the ceremony and Obama's speech in class. I myself was in a 5th grade classroom as we watched history unravel today, as the nation welcomed the 1st black president of the United States. After the speech, the teacher of the class I was in told the kids that they would probably remember this day for the rest of their lives. Although they may not have been entirely interested today, as they get older and learn more about the world, they will realize the importance of the day and remember being in that 5th grade room. So true!! We often remember crazy details of important events for years and years! So on the way home tonight, I grilled my kids about what they had learned today. I was asking them questions and asked Cayd if he remembered learning how many presidents we have had. He was convinced Obama was number 5!! Aubrey corrected him but he was sure . . . No way mom, he is #5. . . President Lincoln, President Washington, Teddy Roosevelt, President Hinkley (the former president of our church) President Bush, and Obama (which would actually make 6)!! I assured him that Obama was the 44th and those former presidents were just memorable to him . . . . Fine mom! Name the others!! . . . haha, sadly I realized I suck and rambled out just a handful of other former presidents! I guess I should buy those president cards and together Cayden and I can learn something :) Welcome President Obama!!


After 100 picture attempts, this is the best I got! The kids werent thrilled, but certainly a cool one to have years down the road!

No comments: