Thursday, February 26, 2009

Tour De California



So we arent bike people, but had to jump on the biking band wagon when the big race came to our very own town!! I debated going to the finish line, but instead decided to walk with some friends down the street to where the race practically passed through our backyard!! We waited for almost 2 hours, and in the end the bike race part was quicker and different than expected (dont ask, I guess I imagined them dismounting their bikes and strolling down the street for us to view and snap great shots), but it made for a fun Sunday afternoon activity and we were glad we went!









Picture Captions: Most of the kiddos we ventured to the biking even with! I love love love Lemonade stands and always stop to buy from kids. I cant tell you how many times I sold lemonade as a kid, and Im not sure if we ever got a single customer!! Cayden is such a boy, any excuse to pee on a tree!! Aubrey and Anna ready to go home :) oh, and I forgot. . . Lance Armstrong is in that top photo

2 comments:

Lissa said...

LOVE the pictures! The tour of CA was neat I watched when they got to Escondido on TV! It was neat but I found myself scanning the people and roads to look for familiar faces/places--never saw anyone I knew but I recognized the places!!! Glad you fun!!!!

Jaycee's Daddy said...

Hey Bonnie, its Josh (Jess' husband). I just wanted to tell you how much I admire the way you expose your kids to history all around them, even the little stuff. I enjoyed your blog about the president. I think you did such an important thing: you put aside the politics and focused on the positives of the event. Then with the Tour; its not everyday a bike race goes flying through town and your kids got to see it first hand. I hope when our little one is old enough, that we get some chances to do the same kind of stuff.