Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Love to my "Nanny!"


Near the end of each school year I get all stressed out and wonder what I am going to do with my kids all summer long! My sister Shawna is a school teacher with summers off and once again came to my rescue this summer. She offered to move home and watch my pests (oops Kids) for FREE!! I have the BESTEST family ever (and know Molly would do the same if she was able)! My kids are super lucky!! Aunt Shawna . . . AKA "My Nanny" (thats what I like to call her) is the GREATEST!! She has everyday day scheduled, and my kids are having a blast! Legoland Mondays, free movie Tuesdays and Wednesdays, Beach Thursday, and Swimming pool Fridays. She also takes care of piano lessons, daily piano practice, teaching Aubrey all her states and capitals (hoping to be ahead of the game for 5th grade), enforcing 60 minute reading time, practicing math facts with Cayden, afternoons at the library, occasionally meeting mommy for Lunch, orthodontist appointments, sick duty, chuck e cheese time, a visit to the wave, and even takes care of Aubrey's sleepover friends! She does it all, with a smile on her face, and captures all the events I miss with pictures! She is also my 5am marathon training partner (I wouldnt get up without her) and my Bachelorette watching buddy! I have been lucky to sneak away from work every so often and join in their fun! Thanks for sharing the Summer with us Shawn!!





4 comments:

Lewko Family Blog said...

Lucky you. What a great sister you have.

Shawna said...

Wow my very own post. . . I feel so loved! Sorry for bailing on Monday. . . now I feel like a bad nanny! I love to do it though!! :)

weplusthree said...

How fun! Glad you are getting to enjoy some of the fun yourself. Brooke is already making excuses why she can't come home for the whole summer NEXT year. I'll be forwarding this post to her :P

Terry and Gail said...

"Lord, help the Mister, who comes between me and my sister and Lord, help the sister, who comes between me and my man." Sisters are a very rare and special commodity. You are blessed with two very good sisters and I would say that Molly's husband is a man that will not force Molly to choose and lucky for him and Molly, Molly will get plenty of girl time and he will be rewarded with plenty of him and her time...a smart man knows this. Love, Aunt Gail