Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Sorry for the long absence friends. . . I learned to read!

Unlike their mother, my kiddos have always LOVED to read (I believe it is the only thing that can calm Caydens active little body) but during the Summer, even with good intentions, it is super easy to let the daily reading slip through the cracks. So in the hopes of keeping their little minds active, I made a deal with them that if they read 60 minute every day of summer they would each get $50 on their first day back at school. With summer about half way over, I am happy to report they have done awesome and haven't missed a single day (with the exception of their day with the stomach flu this week- I figured that deserved a by) Their books go everywhere they go. They are required to read before spending the night anywhere and when friends sleep over, they too have to spend the hour reading. I'm pretty sure I will be out $100 dollars in September


I on the other hand, have never been much of a reader. . . imagine that, a school teacher who doesnt like to read? Dont tell any of my students! So with me guilting the kids to read, I thought it only fair that I attempt the reading task with them. Because of the movie, I started with the book My Sisters Keeper and immediately became enthralled and have read book after book. My family laughs at me for being a reading fool (hense, the lack of posts this summer - you'll just have to trust me that we have had an amazing summer)!! I finally joined the bandwagon and just finished the Twilight series! I LOVED them! So Bonnie is no longer searching for just a husband . . . Mr. Perfect will also need to be a vampire :)

4 comments:

Lewko Family Blog said...

Ha ha ha! LOVE it. Welocme to the dark side. :-)

Audra said...

Reading is amazing glad you are enjoying it so much. I love to read but my kids hate it, I will have to try bribing with money.

weplusthree said...

You are adorable. I'll keep my eye out for any available vampires.

Terry and Gail said...

I love to read. Debi just read me the coolest book...it is called, "Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society". You will love it. Tell your mom and your sisters- I can just see all of you guys reading that book and really enjoying it. Love, Aunt Gail