Sunday, August 30, 2009

Cayden's Birthday Fun

My little Monster turned 7!! I'm still in shock and feel my baby grew up in a snap, but I am very much enjoying this big kid stage in life. He is a wild and crazy kid, full of energy and ideas. I love him more and more each day!!

So the PARTY you ask??
I had this "brilliant" idea to celebrate with a backyard birthday campout at grandma and grandpa's house. I would love to tell you I stopped with just "the idea" and took my Cayden to Disneyland, but I didnt. I planned and executed this party . . . .and next year we will be going to Disneyland :)
Boys are SO SO different than girls. I was lucky to have the help of my parents and a couple close friends - without them, I would not have survived the 17 LONG hours with 8 young boys and 3 preteen girls :) I was in over my head from the start, but Cayden had fun (or at least we think??) and I lived to learn NEVER again - So I suppose we call that success!!

Highlights included pillowcase decorating, a hike at Dixon Lake, swimming in the Kelly Lake, Campfire with mallows, bug ice cream cake, and BEDTIME (wahoo) in tents :)





The following morning we loaded the tents in the car and headed to a "Farewell to Summer Campout" with friends. I was beyond tired and not thrilled about night #2 in a tent but it turned out to be an AMAZING trip!! We ended up with 6 families and some stragglers and had lots of fun hanging out for the day! This was Cayden's actual birthday, so again we celebrated with cake and presents from mommy! He was SHOCKED and ESTATIC to receive the paintball gun he has been saving up for months to buy. He cant wait for his first "battle" but got to spend the next morning after campling shooting rocks at the campground! The kid is in heaven!!






5 comments:

Tate, Jody, Jocelyn, and Tyler said...

looks like so much fun. i remember my mom let steve have a sleepover for his birthday with 8 or so boys. she never did that again either! so funny!!
i love the invite.
jody

Audra said...

Looks like Cayden had a very happy birthday.

Danielle said...

Bonnie, I am always blown away by the parties you put together for your kids! You are one great mom!
Maybe next year you can bring the kiddies to Hershey Park (there's lots and lots of chocolate) ;)
Good luck with the new school year - for both your kids and your classroom!

Shawna said...

Can I go to Hershey too??

Terry and Gail said...

Like Jody said, one time I let Steve have a sleep over...mom came that night to help me. She spent the night sleeping at the top of the stairs because the boys were having their party in the basement. Whenever the kids were trying to sneak out of the basement my mom would growl at them and they would scurry back downstairs. They spent lots of time in that basement tag team wrestling. I couldn't get the stink out of my house for over a month. Not many things can top the odor of 8 boys who spent the night tag team wrestling- very weird unusual unwanted smell. Love, Aunt Gail