Sunday, August 23, 2009

Dr. Cayden


I cant remember how it exactly it all got started but a year or two ago Cayden decided (or was perhaps persuaded by his mother) to become a dermatologist when he grows up! Since then - ask the boy what he wants to be and that's exactly what he will tell you. So a couple of weeks ago - after a long, unsuccessful battle with a hand growth AKA wart- I sucked it up and decided to go see the dermatologist. I was given the 1st in a series of shots and sent home. When Cayd found out I had visited the Dermatologist without him he was bummed out, and I promised next time he could go. 3 Weeks later - it was back to the office and at 8 am, on Summer vacation, Cayden was as excited as ever to be there in that office! We took some picts and I showed him some lovely "skin disease" pamphlets as we waited for the Doctor to come in and check my hand. Of course - Cayden (my little character) greeted the doctor . . . "Good morning Dr. (and without a second breathe) I'm going to be working here with you soon!!" I told the doctor his "dream" and the doctor gave Cayden a pep talk - a "do good in school and work hard in college" chat. . . it was very cute and Cadyen is still thrilled to drive his Porche to work one day - even after all those years in college:)
Cayden was the photographer here - although, I think he was hoping the doctor was going to let him actually give me the shot! Crazy Kid!

6 comments:

Danielle said...

I love it! Keep encouraging him - he can talk to Johnny in a few years to find out what it takes to get into med school (and keep mamma living large when she retires)! Are you all geared up for the school year? Miss you!

weplusthree said...

That is awesome! I can picture him telling the doc that he will be working with him soon! What a cutie. All the girls would have the biggest crush on the hot young doctor. I guess you have to start early... what should I brain wash, err, mold, Roman to be when he grows up? Hmmmm...

Jim and Lee said...

I guess GM & GP better start saving for medical school! Too bad BYU doesn't have one, he'd love the chocolate milk there!

Jaycee's Daddy said...

I'm pretty sure when I was his age, I didn't even know what a dermatologist did, let alone want to be one! I'm sure he will have a very busy office! On that note, I would like to schedule an appointment in advance. Tuesdays mornings are best for me. Any openings?

Lewko Family Blog said...

That is so darn cute. He has such an outgoing personality. I can't believe he said that to the doctor. Way to go, Cayden.

Terry and Gail said...

I hope he succeeds- what a great field. the only doctor field that might be better in the future is the doctor who does hands, fingers, elbows and shoulders... with all this cell phone and texting there are going to be alot of new interesting hand and arm ailments. Love, Aunt Gail