Tuesday, January 12, 2010

- Be the change you wish to see in the world -

Oh to a new self. . . . I know, I know- waking up January 1st cant make me a new person, but it is an excellent time to refocus my goals and make sure I am constantly working on improving myself. I love to be held accountable, so here are this year's resolutions for you all to poke and prod me to success :)

Lose 20 pounds!
What would a resolution list be with out mentioning weight loss? I actually started this one the week before the new year and so far, so good ! Although, the bowl of microwavable rice krispy treats I am currently eating at 11pm certainly does not fits into my weight watcher points today :) oops

Run 1000+ miles this year
I so wanted to follow my fellow running bloggers on this one and aim for 2010 miles. . . but after a little math, I realized 6 miles, 365 days in a row wasn't going to happen. 1000+ sounds more realistic (but hopefully the + is closer to the 2000 mark)

Compete in 3 running events
. . . got the San Diego Rock N Roll Marathon, and the Las Vegas Ragnar Relay . . . just looking for one more good one :) Anyone need an event partner??

Read 52 books!
Yup, thats a book a week and so far, I'm loving it :) I have never been a reader so this is a huge challenge for me but I have quickly learned a great book is hard to put down. Sleep is still not going to be a priority this year :) If you have a great must read book - please share the name!

Be a better friend
struggle, struggle. . . always a struggle. I lost a good one this year but gained a couple of my bestest friends ever :) I am blessed to be so lucky and have such a wide variety of friends :) did that sound bad??
But the year has started off rocky with friendship troubles and I promise I am working on it! I am striving to be the best friend I can be to all around me!

Help Cayden become a better speller
My little smarty pants is the worst speller ever! His teacher mom ought to take the time to figure this one out! I have already done a bit of research and hope to have him the spelling bee champ in 3rd grade next year :)

Let Aubrey act like a 10 year old
Sometimes (k, most of the time) I'm way too hard on this kid and hold her responsible for too much! She is such a good girl and for some reason she always gets the grunt of my crabbiness. Love you Aubs, I'm totally working on it!

and my final goal for 2010 . . .

Find that 2nd paycheck :)
whether that be a second income, or a husband, I care not! I have bills to pay :) haha

Happy New Year to all my friends, family, and blogging world friends :) May this year bring the best to all!!
New and improved Bonnie here I come . . .

6 comments:

brooke said...

oh bonnie, i love your goals! you are such a great person, i just love ya. i would love to run with you sometime in an event! not up to a marathon yet though.

Bryan and Molly said...

Bonnie, you have some excellent goals - so excellent that I want to steal a few (obviously a few don't actually apply to me)! I love the book idea but that is gonna cost me some major bucks at Barnes and Nobel - my library just doesnt seem to have a good selection! The running ones are perfect for me too - as is the weight loss one (of course!) You are great and while I dont think you need much improvement - those are some awesome goals! Love you!

Audra said...

What great goals you have. I am sure you will do great with all of them. As for being hard on Aubs I think it is a first born thing, poor Bekah gets the brunt of the issues in our house too.

Debi said...

Oh Bonnie....you are great! At least you are making the goals. I am bad, I never make goals. I constantly think about the things I need to do better but that is about as far as it goes. I like the goals you have made and I hope they all work out for you. Love you Debi

weplusthree said...

I think you pretty awesome, but those are some great goals! And I aspire to be as good a friend as you are, so I don't know what you are talking about on that one. I think you should still shoot for the 2010 miles :)

Jaycee and Jayden's Mama and Dada said...

Wow! When are you going to sleep you insomniac? I see that some things never change. I hope you make all your goals a success this year. I miss you but am oh so glad we aren't only talking to each other over email because of research papers. I hope to see you soon. Take care old friend! :)

Jess