Monday, November 29, 2010

Be prepared to see us skinny :)

. . . or NOT! haha

So my sisters and I often have brilliant ideas . . . okay, maybe the ideas are usually mine, but it takes very little convincing to get my sissies to join in on my "FUN!" A couple of weeks ago for my birthday my wonderful dad got me my traditional self help book, this year titled "The Secrets of Millionaire Moms." I havent yet had the chance to read it, but my mind often wanders, and I find myself thinking about what the secrets in this book could possibly be. . . . what easy, snap-of-the-finger method would instantaneously make me a millionaire?? Somehow, off topic as it may seem, it came to this . . . . the invention of a crazy fad diet. Cuz that's what most diets are, CRAZY! But do people really make money inventing diets?? I guess Atkins did, but I think the money came after he died (not of a heart attack or congestive heart failure of course).

Cabbage soup, the ZONE, Hollywood, tapeworm, grapefruit, special K. . . . so my theory?? . . . basically, all "diets" limit your intake, as healthy or unhealthy as they restrict, making food boring and in the end, starvation and immediate, unhealthy weight loss . . . . so somehow this thinking lead my equally crazy sister and I to establish the ABC diet. I figure we should give it a whirl before I take it to marketing. Its a 26 day diet and is as simple as this. Day 1: eat only foods beginning with the letter A, Day 2: eat foods beginning with the letter B, Day 3: you guessed it, the letter C :) Diet?? Weight loss? I'm not sure since Day 3, letter C gives us the possibility of cakes, candies, and cookies galore followed by day 4: donuts, Dairyqueen, and dreamwhip . . . YUM!! So we will simply call it a challenge, a competition between sisters . . . Call us crazy, or loony, or whatever you choose, maybe it is simple boredom in the life of the Kelly girls. . . but for the next 26 days (or until one of us messes up or bails out) be 4 prepared to see our exciting daily menus!! We have had so much fun talking about it, hopefully the participation will be equally exciting :)

7 comments:

Debi said...

I can't wait for the future posts. If I weren't feeling unhealthy today, sick, and didn't have to feed a baby I would totally try out your diet. It sounds like a blast. I can't wait to see what you eat on the last day! Love Debi

Terry and Gail said...

That is seriously some funny thinking and I love it. The "c" day can be your cabbage soup or anything with cabbage. It doesn't have to be cookies or cupcakes or cakes or CHOCOLATE!!!! It could be corn flakes or corn...syrup. That will be a hard day. Love, Gail (what will you eat on "Z" day... wait I know, ZAPPLES"!!!!)

Lewko Family Blog said...

Ummm, love it. Can "Z" be those Little Debbie Zebra striped cakes? If so, I think I could find something yummy for most days!

Bryan and Molly said...

Z will definitely be challenging - but I can think of a few things off the top of my head. Am I missing something obvious because I think the real challenge is going to be on day 24 - X - why hasn't anyone mentioned X? I cant think of anything! What will you eat then?? You will definitely get skinny if all your days were like X! Good luck to you sisters!

Tate, Jody, Jocelyn, and Tyler said...

hehehe! let me know if it works out for you guys. maybe it will be my after pregnancy diet?
jody

Audra said...

Sounds like fun! Can't wait to hear all about it!

Unknown said...

I read it...and now understand! Love the idea...if you do decide to take it to marketing you have my number :) Look forward to the posts! Wish my blog was this exciting...more focused toward business stuff.