Sunday, October 2, 2011

A Dirty Birthday Celebration


I ran the Survivor Mud Run in Lake Elsinore last weekend and it was seriously a grand and DIRTY adventure. A friend of mine recruited team "Happy Birthday Marcie" to join her in celebration of her birthday (yup, thats totally my kind of friend)! I was super excited to participate, signed up, and honestly never looked at the course map or obstacle shenanigans prior to the race. I wasnt a bit nervous. The course was only 4 miles and I totally felt prepared. On the drive up there, the car load began discussing strategies and problems we might encounter, blah, blah, blah and suddenly it dawned on me that I might be in over my head :) Turns out, they were all the worriers and everyone did smashing! The mud pools were awesome. . . it was like a day at the spa (without the pampering) and the giant waterslide into the lake would be reason enough to participate again. SO FUN!! Lesson learned. . . the less clothes the better . . . muddy clothes get HEAVY! Happy Birthday Marcie!

2 comments:

Jim and Lee said...

Looks like fun!

Terry and Gail said...

Ii have played mud football a couple of times and I loved it. I recall a time when I was about 8 years old.... my mom called out to us kids to get ready for a bath. I didn't think I was dirty enough, so I slathered myself in mud. Mom wouldn't let me come into the house with the muddy clothes so I had to take them off in the garage and walk through the house naked... the parts I covered with clothes were a glaring white next to the muddy parts. I was so embarrassed as we had company. Served me right for causing so much extra work for my mom. I wonder how she tolerated me. Love, aunt Gail