Friday, October 7, 2011

Fantabulous Friday

Some days are better than others. . . . Fridays are usually not too shabby, but today stands well above the norm :) I'm still smiling!! The day was just all around splendid. After a couple of days of rain, we woke up to the beautiful blue sunshiny day. My work day was chipper and laid back . . . could have something to do with the lack of work taking place haha, but it was good :) It was parents day at lunch with my middle schooler. A day that always helps reaffirm was an awesome little girl I have. She has chosen such good friends and has such a good attitude on life. Her school is fabulous. She has great teachers and a great principal. Always make me smile to be on campus there. The kids get slurpees on Fridays (or maybe everyday I pick them up. Shhhh, dont tell grandma) and today I got one too. Oh the joys of a sugary drink, on a nice sunny afternoon. After school pick up, I ditched going back to work and spent my afternoon with a good friend, in an amazing spa in Poway. During that treatment, I missed a call from Aubrey letting me know her passport arrived in the mail. A short 10 days after we crossed our fingers and filed that application without the approval of that lovely father of hers :) I have paperwork to shred, and my Tuesday court day to cancel. Makes me smile! (Yep, I smiled lots today). That phone call was followed by dinner at one of my favorite restaurants. Then a passport frozen yogurt celebration with my future world traveler. We went home, watched tv, vacuumed the house and am now finishing up my favorite little guys costume for our fun adventures tomorrow :) Wish I had a pict to share from the day. I'll refrain from posting our passport mug shots :) Eeek, scary! We totally look like criminals :) Happy weekend all

1 comment:

Terry and Gail said...

So where is Aubry going on her world travels and are you going with her? Some days are just better than others and I dont' know why... seems so random and we are always especially happy when we have happy children. Thanks for sharing your simply good day. love, Aunt Gail