Wednesday, November 16, 2011

October costumes, take 2

Although I dreamed. . . it was no surprise that the Rick Riordan book signing costumes couldnt double as Halloween costumes. We planned and created both sets of costumes in September, making our October Halloween prep pretty simple.

I didnt have any say in the costume selection this year :/ I had this grand plan of being a family of "Where's Waldos," (So cute, right??) . . . Yeah, apparently my kiddos had other plans! This year my Aubs was the Mad Hatter from Alice in Wonderland. She let me design a special hat to match her outfit instead of using the little floppy thing that came with the costume. She was cute :) Cayden decided he wanted to be a super hero. Spiderman and batman werent good enough for his big head . . . and thus, Super Cayden was born :) I created and purchased the majority of the costume on etsy. Cayden however insisted on the boxers and green stretch pants from Justice (yeah, the store for girls lol . . . and now understands why his bff Katy wears them all the time, "they are SO dang comfy!").The plunger, his weapon of choice was also totally him. Yup, he just gets weirder with age. He loved his costume.
Halloween weekend was costume filled. On Friday Cayden's school dressed up, on Saturday we went to a Halloween party, and on Monday Aubrey's school dressed up. By the time Halloween night rolled around, Cayden's costume had been through the wash 3 times. We had a fun weekend and still have a fridge FULL of candy.

1 comment:

Terry and Gail said...

Aubrey was definitely darling and still original... but who could top Super Cayden aka Plungerman? who would want to top that? Darling, darling. I love that they let the school kids dress up. They won't let the kids dress up in school here. I think it is really sad that they don't. I love Halloween and I think as long as people don't go all weird with thinking it is real, it is just a good time to dress up crazy and have fun. Love, Aunt Gail